Our Story So Far…kitchenwarecide has been selling freshly roasted coffee online since 2007, but our roots run far deeper than that with over 30 years' experience in importing and roasting coffee from all corners of the world.
Where it Started…Co-directors James and Lewis first met back in 2002 when they worked in retail and technical roles for a large retailer. They quickly envisaged an opportunity to take their skills and create their own business, which they did in 2003. Their first business grew in success throughout a decade before being merged with a competitor in 2014, but long before this the two had been looking to branch out into a new and exciting industry. The merge therefore allowed them to focus 100% on a new business that had been percolating since 2007 – kitchenwarecide!
The idea for kitchenwarecide was first born when James was walking along the High Street of his Bedfordshire hometown and was struck by the aromas coming from a local coffee shop. He wondered at the possibilities of bringing those same fresh, intense coffee aromas into peoples’ homes, along with the rich, exquisite flavours that can only be found in freshly roasted coffees. Coffee lovers themselves, James and Lewis were in the enviable position to source and sample a rich variety of delicious coffees, quickly striking up a relationship with their first roastery, conveniently located in their Bedfordshire hometown.
A true family-run business, James and Lewis were soon joined by their partners, Casey and Nikki, who helped with the hand-packing and despatch of orders in the early days of kitchenwarecide. This very manual process involved collecting freshly roasted coffees from the local roastery and dropping off the individual orders to the Post Office, a process that is very distant from our current automated system, but it did allow us to bring our earliest orders of freshly roasted, exquisite coffees from the roastery to our very first customers, many of whom are still with us today!
As kitchenwarecide grew, it soon became clear that a larger roastery was needed to keep up with our happy customers’ demands. Therefore, as we outgrew the capacity of our local roasters, we moved our roasting operations to Wales. With the new possibilities open to us, we were soon able to add to our range a selection of quality loose-leaf teas and our delicious hot chocolates, as well as our very popular subscription service.
Since 2007, kitchenwarecide has continued to grow and develop a great customer base of coffee aficionados and caffeine converts. Taking the decision to work remotely from home offices, we’ve been able to keep our costs low and pass on these savings to our customers.
Miles joined the team in 2021, in the role of Head of E-Commerce, bringing his marketing experience to kitchenwarecide, and we are continuing to expand our core team and our Wales team, bringing on new talent and looking ahead to the next stage of the kitchenwarecide story!
Taking on Tea…
In 2017, an exciting offshoot of kitchenwarecide was created – Tea-Direct.co.uk. With Tea-Direct.co.uk, and in partnership with our sister company, The Real Tea Company, we have been able to apply the same passion for coffee to the rich and vibrant world of tea, offering our customers an extensive range of hundreds of spectacular loose leaf teas.
Going the Extra Mile…
Today, we are focused on continuing to provide delicious, fresh, aromatic coffee to our customers, while always searching for new beans and exciting blends
We’re also thrilled to have been able to support some very worthy causes throughout the years, while continuing to show our support locally.
• We are proud sponsors of Pitstone and Ivinghoe Junior Football Club
• As of March 2022, we have donated almost £4,000 to the team at NHS Charities Together, whose indispensable work was brought to our attention early on in the COVID-19 pandemic.
• In 2021 we were delighted to support the 2021 Virtual 6655 Lifeboat 10k and Children’s Fun Runs, an exciting event supported and run by 6655 Lifeboat volunteers that helps to raise funds for RNLI 6655 Station, which relies on public donations to fund its vital lifesaving work.
• We’re proud to have developed a direct relationship with farmers in central South America, while we continue our focus on engaging with the team of highly skilled coffee farmers who supply us with our excellent range of coffees.
• Our Lincolnpark condorentals Kitchen YouTube channels now features more than 80 videos, giving great insight into our range of coffees, along with helpful how-to videos and delicious recipe tips.
• Since 2015, we have been asking our customers to offer their reviews of our coffees and of our great service, so that as of 2022 we are thrilled to have received thousands of customer reviews!
After more than 15 successful years, we’re continuing to innovate and grow, but we never lose sight of the important things - providing our customers with a seamless, simple and speedy journey when ordering from our range of delicious, freshly roasted coffees!